The National Pediculosis Association (NPA) is conducting research, and surveys concerning collembola infestations (link here). A research project that they sponsored found that 18 out of 20 people who had been diagnosed with Delusory Parasitosis (DOP) were actually infested with collembola (link to research article). Research is continuing.
Medscape news article on these findings.
Authoritative resources concerning this condition
Survey of reports on synanthropic Collembola living in close association with man. This article discusses infestations and orders reports according to the type of association with humankind and ranks each source by authority.
Collembola References. This blog gives a survey of long ignored scientific literature which points to the unified conclusion that collembola can in fact infest humans.
13 comments:
You might want to google
"JAMA, trombiculoid" for some interesting info.
I have had a three-fold infestation since June. I befriended a woman whose apartment was heavily infested and invited her to my home. We thought we were very careful, however I have identified mites (tropical), culicoides (biting midges) and collembola (springtails) through use of a microscope.
The mites I was able to eliminate finally with applications of saline water. I prepared a brine and used it to spray and clean using a small carpet cleaner. Not knowing the extent of the infestation I created an environment where the midges and springtails bloomed. Spraying and bombing had no impact on the mites! Using Country Vet misters for barns (OKed for nursing homes and food facilities) I have nearly eliminated the midges, and am working on the springtails. Dr. Dumanow's article on mold helped - found it on the backside of the area rugs - just a bit but feed on it, they did! Am spraying bleach in other areas to kill the mold they flourish on - besides me. Link? both the woman and I are highly acidic & have had candida diagnosis and must watch our diet constantly. Really would like to know what the "L" lotion was that changed the ladies' ph! I think that is a VERY important factor!
KJH
California
This is a nightmare Im also experiencing, due to a next door neighbor teardown, fungus, mold etc. I have been helped by Cedarcide.com, and the info on a website, stop skin mites.com, all natural pest control.
Morgellons and More Cases of Collembola Infesting Man. You might find this very interesting ...
From AFRIEND:
Collembolla (springtails) infestation is not just a superficial problem, it is also a systemic problem. Have you ever thought about why these insects are drawn to you and do not bother others? Obviously, you are different in body chemistry than those that are impervious to infestation.
I have had a collembolla infestation for well over a decade and it has always been mistakenly diagnosed as "hives". Hives are just the manifestation of the problem, springtails are / were(?) the problem.
I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of the problem and I finally have hit upon something that thus far has worked.
I have been on a regimen of food grade diatomaceous earth (de)taken orally twice daily, one heaping teaspoon in a glass of water, for the last 10 days and for the last 7days, I have not had any sign of the problem. It may be premature for me to be writing this but if it can help one other person that is in misery from these creatures, it is worth the effort.
If you have had this problem for any lenght of time, everything you own is infested with these creatures and their eggs, bedding, clothes, books, papers,furniture, everything! This is why, in my opinion, one must change his/her body chemistry to enjoy relief. Any spraying, dusting, washing, bathing, lotions, etc. may have immediate short term results but are almost useless for the long term.
There are diets that will assist you in obtaining some relief as these are primarily alkaline producing items that are suggested. Sugar and carbohydrates are forbidden in these diets as they produce an acid condition.
The only way I have found to get, hopefully, permanent relief is a crash effort of going from an acidic system to an alkaline system. The de seems to work fast and efficiently to accomplish this.
To speed this process, I have even used the same de strength mixture as an enema, daily. To my knowledge, it causes no harm or interruption of normal bodily functions.
This is the longest period in more than a decade that I have had any measureable relief and it is a wonderful feeling to have some real control over my life again. I can now, comfortably, sleep, eat and go about my daily life without these creatures ruling everything I do and where I go.
There are certainly no guarantees but I wish someone had suggested this to me years ago. Good luck!
AFRIEND says, I spoke prematurley about long term relief by taking diatomaceous earth orally. Over this last weekend, I had a minor episode of springtails but I will continue the d.e. regimen in hopes that it will eliminate this condition forever. I still think that developing an alkaline system may be the way to go.
Sprinkling d.e. in your bed, clothing and other areas definitely will definitely help control them. I use it in the drier when drying clothes. Do not breathe d.e..
Contact: knic@comcast.net and buy his e-book "Soothing the Itch Within". It only costs about $20-$25 and will give you a complete understanding of the problems you are having. Richard Kuhns who wrote the book, is probably the most knowledgeable person on this subject.
AFRIEND, See these post(s) in red, you are echoing much of my experiences ...
http://morgellonspgpr.wordpress.com/all-articles/
The only person who ever helped me was the woman in Florida, Trisha Springstead. She has been all over the media and is really getting somewhere. Along with Mr Common Sense a Mundae approach.
Anymonous
Bed Bugs rash scientifically know as Cimex Lectularius , are due to bed bug bite. They are red rashes that are inflamed and itch quite badly. We can get confused often with allergic skin rashes. These rashes are embarrassing problem. Bed Bugs are normally attracted to the carbon dioxide exhaled by human beings. When these creatures sucks blood from the body of a humans, they inject their saliva into the skin using one of the two tubes that they inject into the human body.
These little vamps are experts of sucking bloods from warm blooded animals and don't let them know about attacks. Bed bugs can really harm you and gift you so many sleepless nights if you will not try to get rid of them.
I like it its help me to found what i need.
Thanks for useful post.
Would like to know what symtoms you all have ie,is there a cycle to this of little spots then larger red spots,with the scalp being covered then a feeling of they may have all gone but to find your back again with something on your scalp. How do I find out exactly what haveing collumbola consists of.
My symtoms start with little raised bumps all over my face or the body and neck which are just under the skim and can not pick open but TCP or clove oil burns them down alittle but unsure if there dead? then Big red sopots appear about a week later in between always feel theres something in my hair or moveing round on my scalp i also see little black spot things that dont seem to move very fast but burn into my hand area i know when one is there but how they get there i have not worked out unless they hatched out in that area and hide away. I see black worm/fiber looking thing which seems to die quick by I use a 10x magnifieing glass and more to see anything putting any oil or cream on them they come out of the skin and have a hook like on the end,always where the black dot is that cause's me so much pain .I have folloed the cycle and i find i know when a new batch with hatch as I find it hard to breath and cough a few times the i feel my scalp go tight as f i have a cap on before all this i feel my ear go hot and get anxious for no reason my body just seems to know and as a reation i can hear my heart beat and see my stomach rise and fall on its own as is something is in there over a week untill i feel like hungrey or butterflys in my stomach i have a fever at night and day 12hours apart .So many things are happening to me iI am so afraid with real fear of these things WHAT ARE THEY DO YOU KNOW will I ever get them off my scalp
Post a Comment